Ali Reza Manouchehri shares the inspiration behind launching ZoomphAugust 02, 2013
Whether you’re already a Zoomph super-fan or you’re new to Zoomph, you may be curious as to how exactly Zoomph came to be. A great brand like this surely has a great story. Well about three years ago, MetroStar Systems was balancing several consulting projects within the federal sector. As part of its work, MetroStar needed to gain insight into opinion on public diplomacy online. At the time, CEO Ali Reza Manouchehri was using several social media analysis and measurement tools.
But he quickly found that flipping from one tool to the next quickly was both exhausting and ineffective. Ali began to see the need for a multifaceted social media measurement tool. To solve the problem, Ali created Zoomph, and the rest is history.
We recently sat down with Ali to get the details on starting Zoomph as well as why it’s different from any other social media measurement tool on the market today. Listen in for his take on these topics and more:
If you don’t have time to listen to the full podcast right now, use the index we created to skip ahead to the answers to your questions.
- 0:30 What inspired the creation of Zoomph
- 2:15 The business objectives Zoomph meets
- 3:47 What can be done with Zoomph that can’t be done with any other tools
- 4:53 The flexibility of Zoomph
- 5:20 How Zoomph is used to increase brand engagement
- 6:28 ZPoints and the three core modules of Zoomph
- 7:27 Why identifying influencers is important
- 8:25 What was missing from Radian 6 and other platforms
- 9:24 Other platforms Ali tried out before the creation of Zoomph
- 10:57 Common aches and pains companies had with other platforms
- 12:40 The visualization aspect of Zoomph
- 14:25 Processes that Zoomph has automated
- 15:04 A comparison of Zoomph and Radiant 6
- 16:57 How Zoomph is a combination of many tools
- 19:08 One of the first public displays of Zoomph