Snapwidget: A Spotlight for Your SnapsJune 28, 2016
A Few Snappy Facts
If you haven’t caught wind of the Snapchat craze – take a moment, and admire the scene that’s unfolding in front of you:
- Snapchat now has more active users than Twitter; it boasts an estimated 150 million people, compared to Twitter’s 140 million active users
- Snapchat reaches 11% of Americans, or over 35.6 million people
- Snapchat now earns over 10 billion video views per day, surpassing Facebook
- 21% of Buzzfeed’s monthly traffic comes from its Snapchat Discover channel
- Brands varying from Marvel to JPMorgan are now on Snapchat
What’s up with the craze?
For marketers, Snapchat provides a unique opportunity to have one-on-one interaction with customers. While other platforms are chockfull of distractions, Snapchat provides an immersive experience; you can take over a user’s whole screen and have their undivided attention for the 10+ seconds that your Snap lasts.
But one potential hurdle is getting your users to first find you on Snapchat. If you’re a Snapchat maven, you know that your Snapchat address book is exclusive. It’s limited to the accounts that you choose to follow, apart from the brands that are featured in the Discover section. Unlike other platforms, users can’t “retweet” or easily share other videos to boost virality.
So if you’re a brand wanting to widen your network on Snapchat, you need the right tools. You need to attract with more than just your snapcode profile picture.
We’ve engineered a special widget to host your most treasured snaps on your website. Hover over the screen to view some of our latest snaps.
With this multipurpose widget, you can spotlight your proudest moments on Snapchat, and give an exciting glimpse into your channel – or, boost engagement around your brand by launching a Snapchat campaign and showing off user entries. Continue reading to learn more about setting up your own Snapchat contest.
How It Works
This feature is only available for Zoomph clients who have Marketing or Enterprise packages.
Fire up your Zoomph account and locate “Snapwidget” in your visuals library (under “widgets”). Connect your Zoomph feed that’s collecting your published Snapchat content. Through “moderation,” you can approve/reject the pieces of content that you want to showcase in your widget.
Upload an image of your QR code. Then, customize your color scheme and the callout text that you want to feature in your widget. Launch your nifty widget, and embed it into your website!
Your widget supports both video and images. When a user interacts with your widget, he/she has the option to scroll through your photos, view everything as an automatic slideshow, or watch your videos by hovering over the screen.
5 Creative Snapchat Contest Ideas
Use your Snapwidget to promote your Snap channel and generate organic hype around your brand. Build a contest to encourage fans to engage with you on Snapchat, and reward them by featuring their submissions in your customized Snapwidget.
- Snap Sweepstakes – Offer a free product, or promo code, to anyone who snaps you the best picture/video of your brand in action.
- Snap for Hire– IT-consulting company MetroStar Systems recently launched an “Oh Snap! I’m Hired” campaign, aiming to recruit young interns through their platform-of-choice. Create your own campaign for meeting and attracting new talent to your company, and showcase their entries in your widget!
- Q&A– Publish a questionnaire on your Snap Story and ask your followers to screenshot their answers, or submit their individuals answers via a creative snap.
- Geo Filter Hunt– Design a custom geo filter for an event or your home city, and have your fans snap their best pictures using your frame.
- Doodle Contest– Challenge your followers to submit their greatest masterpieces using Snapchat’s doodle function. Tailor your contest to your brand by requiring participants to sketch, or capture your logo somewhere in the picture/video, and/or use your custom geo filter.